- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect
- Information We Share
- Your Failure to Provide Personal Data
- Our Retention of Your Personal Data
- Your Choices and Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Data
- Third Party Links
- International Transfer
- How We Protect Personal Data
- "Do Not Track" Signals
- Applicable Law
- European Users’ Privacy Rights
- How to Contact Us
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live. Learn more about our data transfer operations in the "International Transfer" section below. If you do not agree to the transfer, storage and use of your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate, please do not use the Sites or Services.
If you are a California consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), please also see the section below regarding your California Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EU, please see the section below on EU specific rights.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information, including personal data, to provide better Services to all our users. We use the term "personal data" to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. Common examples of personal data include: full name, home address, email address, date of birth, digital identity, such as a login name or handle, information about your device, payment data, and certain metadata.
The Company may collect and use sensitive personal data relating to special accommodation requests, such as a request for an ADA accessible guest room. Otherwise, the Company does not intentionally collect or use sensitive personal data and asks that you do not provide sensitive personal data to us.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect or you may provide the following personal data in connection with your use of the Sites or Services:
HOW WE MAY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and you may provide personal data in the following ways. We may collect and you may provide your personal data online via the Sites, and offline through channels other than the Sites, including via your use of the Services:
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your personal data in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following business or commercial purposes:
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not share personal data with companies, organizations and individuals outside of our organization unless one of the following circumstances applies:
YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Your provision of personal data is required in order to use certain parts of our Services, Sites and our programs. If you fail to provide such personal data, you may not be able to access and use our Services, Sites and/or our programs, or parts of our Services, Sites and/or our programs.
OUR RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may retain your personal data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose for collection. For example, we keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our programs and Services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your personal data during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESSING, UPDATING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Whenever you use our Sites and Services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your personal data. We also aim to provide you with access to your personal data. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal data we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Our Unsubscribe Policy
We currently provide the following unsubscribe opportunities:
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in offers, newsletters or other email messages (except for e-commerce confirmation or service notice emails) received from us to unsubscribe from the service.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Sites may contain links to websites operated by parties other than the Company, including websites operated by hotel, resort and hospitality companies and our Strategic Business Partners. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents, privacy policies or other practices. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which you will be subject to upon linking to the third party's website. The Company strongly recommends that you review the third party's terms and policies.
Links to Third Party Integrations. We may provide links to third party integrations. Third party integrations are websites or platforms that synchronize with our Sites or Services to provide you with additional functionality, tools, or services such as directions, collecting resumes, sharing documents or videos, or sending announcements.
You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through, or provided by such sites or resources.
We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information that you provide or is collected by such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
We are committed to complying with applicable laws, regulations and mandatory government standards regarding the protection of personal data.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
The Company maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the user's personal data and information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures that seek to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, taking into account technological reality, cost, the scope, context and purposes of processing weighted against the severity and likelihood that the processing could threaten individual rights and freedoms. For example, we use commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and Secure Socket Layer software (SSL) or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect personal data.
If the Company collects account information for payment or credit, the Company will use the information only to complete the task for which the account information was offered.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that the security of your account has been compromised, please notify us immediately in accordance with the "How to Contact Us" section, below.
The Sites are not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather personal data about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child has provided us with personal data, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 18, please contact us in accordance with the "How to Contact Us" section. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the personal data of a child under 18, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
"DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS
The Company Sites do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. The Company does track its users in order to provide targeted advertising to users about our Services.
Personal Information That We Collect. This notice describes the categories of personal information (“PI”) we collect, have collected, or will collect through the Sites or in the course of our business, including providing Services, in the preceding 12 months and the purposes for which such PI may be used.
Exclusions from Personal Information. PI does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like certain health or medical information and other categories of information protected by different laws.
How We Collect Personal Information. The above categories of PI are or were collected from the following categories of sources. We may collect and you may provide PI online via the Sites, and offline through channels other than the Sites, including via your use of the Services.
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any PI for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
How We Share the Personal Information that We Collect.
Please see the above chart for the categories of PI collected and the business or commercial purposes for which they were collected.
The above categories of PI are shared with the following categories of third parties:
We do not sell your PI as defined in the CCPA.
The Company has disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of PI in the preceding 12 months:
- Other Elements
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Internet or other electronic network activity
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Consumer profile or inferences drawn from other personal information
California Consumer Rights. Pursuant to the CCPA, and as detailed below, consumers have various rights with respect to their PI.
- Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that the Company delete your PI from the Company’s records and direct any service providers to delete your PI from their records, subject to certain exceptions.
Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request, the Company will delete and direct any service providers to delete your PI from its records.
The Company is not required to comply with your request to delete your PI if it is necessary for the Company (or its service provider) to maintain your PI in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the PI was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of the Company’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between the Company and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with the Company.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your PI, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request, the Company will provide a response to your request fo rinformation.
- Right to Request Information as to Sale or Disclosure for Business Purpose. We do not sell your PI as defined in the CCPA. If in the future, we anticipate selling your PI as defined in the CCPA, we will provide you with the opt-out and opt-in rights as required by the CCPA. You have the right to request that the Company disclose the following to you as it relates to the 12-month period preceding the Company’s receipt of your verifiable consumer request:
- The categories of PI that the Company collected about you.
- The categories of PI that the Company sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the PI was sold, by category or categories of PI for each category of third party parties to whom the PI was sold. Please note that we do not sell your PI.
- The categories of PI that the Company disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request, the Company will provide a response to your request for information as to sale or disclosure for business purpose.
- Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you in violation of the CCPA for exercising any of your CCPA rights. For example, we generally will not provide you a different level or quality of goods or services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, in certain instances we may be unable to provide the service requested (e.g., if you decline to provide your hotel rewards number, we will be unable to credit your stay to your rewards account.)
- the consumer who is the subject of the request,
- a consumer on behalf of the consumer’s minor child, or
- by a natural person or person registered with the Secretary of State authorized to act on behalf of a consumer.
If the Company requests, you must provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity and/or authority to act on behalf of a Consumer. Additionally, you will need to describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to review, understand, assess, and respond. PI collected from an individual to determine whether a request is a verifiable consumer request may not be used for any other purpose. We reserve the right to charge a fee to process or respond to your request if it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that a request warrants a fee, we will attempt to notify you as to why we made that decision and provide a cost estimate before completing your request. We will attempt to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receipt, but we may require up to ninety (90) days to respond, under which circumstances we will notify you of the need for an extension.
Other California Privacy Rights (California’s “Shine the Light” Law).
California residents under the age of 18. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of any Site where this policy is posted, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of certain content or information you have publicly posted. You may submit your request using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
EUROPEAN USERS' PRIVACY RIGHTS
Some data protection laws, including the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), provide you with certain rights in connection with personal data we have collected or you have shared with us. We attempt to process your personal data in accordance with applicable law. In addition to the information provided above, residents of the European Economic Area should be aware of the following.
Please note that these rights may not apply to individuals residing outside the EEA. To make a request related to your rights, you may contact us using the contact information below.
The Transfer or Storage of Your Personal Data.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). This may include where any of our servers or those of our third party service providers are located in a country outside of the EEA or it is processed by our staff or the staff of our third party service provider operating outside the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the country in which you reside. If we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected in accordance with this Policy. These steps may include imposing appropriate contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal data. If you are located in the EEA, you understand and consent to having your personal data processed outside of the EEA, including in the United States.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send mail to:
Davidson Hotel Company LLC, Management Agent
One Ravinia Drive
Atlanta, GA 30346 USA